here I allow the kids to eat as much candy as their sticky little hands can tolerate. I'm sure you have brain flashes of Templeton the Rat from Charlotte's Web in your head where my kids are rolling on their bellies, tongues hanging out, slurring words with mouths full of candy, right? Pretty close, but not really at all.Back to those 2 "exception" occasions...
1) Halloween-- Just let kids be kids. They really do know when too much candy is enough.
2) Baylor Homecoming Parade-- usually falls on the weekend before or after Halloween.
At the parade yesterday, Jetta wanted to eat every piece of candy she could grab. She ate about 3 tootsie rolls, 2-3 suckers (I lost count) and 2-3 pieces of Starburst. She was a sticky mess and her chin was covered in sugar. She smiled through the whole parade and had a great time. She caught on to wave (so they would throw candy her way) and to run for the candy. She gathered up as much as she could in her hands and when I'd go to take it from her to put in the goody bag, she ran out of my reach. And then she told me "Uh-uh! No! No!" She definitely has a sweet tooth! Our kitchen counter is full of candy from Halloween parties, trick-or-treating and now Baylor parade... I guess I'll take off the no-candy hat for a few days, then slowly put it back on. Of all 3 who enjoy candy the least is JC-- he only ate one Blow Pop yesterday and he was "good".
2 comments:
It sounds like the Baylor homecoming parade needs to start throwing malt-o-meal to make JC happy! :o) Wait, that sounds REALLY messy!
I knew Jetta was my kind of girl. Lots of candy for her stocking this Christmas. Julia is done, JC is half way done, and need to get started on Jetta. Are list coming anytime soon?
Post a Comment