
We have been counting down the days for the beginning of our first "official" family vacation. We are all so excited. Julia can hardly fall asleep at night, all she wants to think about before going to bed is "about the trip to New Mexico."
Julia kept asking over and over if we were "leaving tomorrow" so I started a countdown calendar for her in the hallway so she can mark off the days until we leave. She has really enjoyed marking the "X" with her pink marker.
I am secretly looking forward to riding in the car with all the kids. I remember as a kid some of my favorite parts of vacations was riding together with my family. These days, we have the DVD player in the car, but I like to think we could do without if we had to. The kids like looking out the window and pointing at cows! corn! motorcycles! and trucks!. I could go on & on...
We'll leave Saturday morning, early before the sun is up and hopefully before the kids are awake so we can get some time on the road ahead of them waking up. First, we are headed to Albequerque to visit my college room mate, Kelly and her family. Then on Sunday, we'll head to Taos. I'll update when we get back all the fun times!! Next, on Friday we head to Santa Fe for one day then drive back to Texas next Saturday.
I CANNOT WAIT!!!!
3 comments:
I love that Julia is using a pink marker. That's my kind of girl.
Brandy
I was in ABQ not that long ago. John and I lived there for almost a year when we got married. The Sandia Peak tram would be fun for the kiddos.
The best thing about ABQ is Keva Juice. I LOVE that place!
We can't wait either! It's almost here!
Post a Comment