Monday, July 28, 2008

7/21/08- Day Three

Early risers, once again.

We ate breakfast together and played Wii. I beat Jeff at golf, go figure (ok, it was just 3 holes).

We got dressed and ready for the day, then headed into Taos from Arroyo Seco (where our house actually was). We shopped some at the Plaza with my mom. Julia found an Indian head dress. JC loved playing with the rain sticks. There were tons of them, all different sizes.

Then we headed toward the Taos Ski Valley to meet everyone else who went horseback riding. Lunch was at an awesome spot called Stray Dog Cantina (Dad's pick). Julia and I shared grilled chicken salad, spicy HOT but oh-so-good! Our table was outside and we overlooked the ski lift. The sun felt good and the breeze was nice and cool. JC ate a bean, rice & cheese burrito put together by moi, me! I did awesome on my burrito rolling, sorry to brag... He ate almost the whole thing. Oh yeah!

I took the 2 young ones with me back to town while Jeff took Julia up the ski lift with the rest of the family. I hung out for a while in case Julia chickened out on the lift, but she is fearless and she loved the ride! In fact, Jeff told me he was probably more nervous about the lift than Julia was. I asked Julia if she was ever scared and she told me she was not. I asked her which was her favorite part, going up or down. She said "going down!" I was shocked! We asked her a few weeks before the trip to probe and prepare her interest in the lift. We also showed her a video my dad took of the lift to let her know what it would be like. She was interested and I think it helped calm her fear, if there was any. Smart thinking on the video Dad!

That night, we celebrated my parents anniversary a few weeks late (they celebrated 33 on July 12). We sang "Happy Anniversary" FBC Raytown style and they were surprised.

Jeff and I went to check out the sunset view over the mesa and mountains. We took our picture together, good thing we're such a cute couple!

Matt and Brandy, my brother and my sister-in-law made dinner for the family. They cooked big steaks and chicken breasts along with roasted potatoes and another great side dish that I can't remember (I will though and insert later). Brandy made a spinach artichoke cheese dip, yum! We ate sourdough bread and they made an awesome dipping glaze for the meat and potatoes with a secret base ingredient, but I won't tell. It all tasted so good.

As a family, we watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (new version) on TV. We agreed we like the older version better. Then the adults played a song game where you fill-in the blank of the chorus or verse of a 70's or 80's song. We had fun, though because we were tired or because the songs were kind of hard the girls let the guys win.
A perfect day, all-in-all.

No comments: