Monday, July 28, 2008

7/20/08- Day Two

The kids were not aware of the time change, and I was not aware they were not aware. Hence, they all woke up at 5:50 am. The sun was up a little bit later and JC and Julia were outside playing on the slide & swingset in Madeline's backyard at 6:30 am. There were about a dozen hot air balloons taking off at dawn, the sight was awesome. JC was trying to count and just kept saying "2 uv'em, yeah."


The guys took off early to play golf at Conchiti Golf Course near Lake Conchiti. They had an early tee time and had to leave early because the drive was nearly an hour away.
Kelly & I got to visit and enjoy watching the kids play together. We took them to a near by neighborhood park, then came home for snacks, more time playing outside, then to MCDONALDS!! We were there for almost 2 hours letting the kids play (some more) and we talked more. Once we got back to their house, we set up to take a picture of us all together with our kids. They did good, though they were pretty tired. After we finished our group picture, Jeff & Kevin returned from golfing. We got our things together and were ready to head to the car when Julia decided to try and pull over their swimming pool to see if she could get the rocks out of the bottom (JC thought throwing rocks in the pool was fun!). Julia got soaking wet. I didn't see it happen, but I heard them all screaming and shouting. There was water all over the patio! I felt bad it was the last part of our visit to their house. I hope they were able to recover it all okay without too much trouble. But hey, they still invited us back and encouraged us to
"still" move to Albuquerque, so there were no hard feelings or major damage.


We drove to Taos through Santa Fe. It was a pretty uneventful drive as the kids slept nearly the entire way. They were so exhausted from a long day of playing.
Winding through the "low road" to Taos along the river was very pretty. The road was tight and Jeff did a great job getting us there safely. I kept thinking we were "almost there" and then there was another turn in the road. I guess that was my vacation anxiety kicking in. We finally arrived to our house and it was gorgeous. I wish our house in Waco was this awesome. The view was spectacular and I found it hard to let it sink in, we were finally on our Taos vacation.


Dad made pork steaks with potatoes, orange fluff and veggies. The whole meal was yummy! Julia & JC loved playing outside and chasing bunny rabbits in the tall grass. JC found rocks and was very excited to display them as treasures on the little wall.

Jeff created his Wii me and I fell asleep on the curvy couch. I didn't know if I was dreaming or sleeping-- the day was perfect.

No comments: