Monday, April 14, 2008

"Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift."
Matthew 5:23-24

I was reading a book to Julia at the doctor's office today while we were waiting for the nurse to come back. The book was called, "Mad Maddie Maxwell". It was about a little girl who lost her jump rope and accused her brother and sisters of taking it from her. She was mean to them. The jump rope was left under her messy bed and she had to apologize for accusing them and for being so mean.

The verse was at the back of the book and I always read books to the last page. I got tears in my eyes reading this verse because of a situation with a co-worker who has not been friendly to me. I find myself holding a grudge to her and not wanting to be very friendly. I don't know what her deal is against me. But I handed it over to God today in the doctor's office. The devil is strong in that he allows us to hold grudges, even when it really doesn't matter.

Also, in Sunday school we have been talking about "Taming the Tongue" from James 3. I'll be honest, I don't read the Bible as often as I should. I have though made time to read James 3 and its touching. I have been mostly able to tame my tongue, now if I could only tame my thoughts!

1 comment:

Beth said...

If I could only tame my tongue, my thoughts, AND my actions. If only...