Several have questioned if we are expecting another child soon since "we are counting". We all have JCH in our name (even our dog), that's why we are counting. Does the dog count? I say yes...
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Crawfish boil
On Friday we went to a crawfish boil for a friend of Jeff's. He was throwing the party for his employees and friends/family. We went since Jeff said he would like to go. I have seen people eat crawfish, but I myself had never eaten them like you do at a crawfish boil (right from the shell). Julia and JC were looking at us like we were crazy. JC tried one and spit it right from his mouth. He stuck to the sausage, corn on cob & potatoes (so did Jetta). Julia was interested in the crawfish and wanted to know what to do. She ate them, but peeled off all the "red stuff" from the meat. I guess she thought it should look like shrimp. Once she got tired of working so hard to eat so little, she started playing with them. She held up one to JC like it was talking. She said "Do you want to pet my friend? He won't bite you. C'mon, c'mon..." She named the little crawfish "Elmer" and said he might wake up and use his claws. I said that wouldn't happen... So, all in all the crawfish boil was lots of fun and quite an experience. I actually, enjoyed the crawfish and I'd eat it again at a "boil." Though afterwards your hands smell like the bottom of a pond and you have piles of poor little creatures on the table looking at you. Now I see why some people suck out the eyes... YUCK!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I went to one of those once and vowed never to do it again.
I meant suck out the heads, not the eyes. Oops!
I love crawfish boils. They church I grew up in had them twice a summer. Yum Yum!
Brandy
Yeah, I was gonna say, you don't want to suck on the eyes. That'd be gross. Although when you suck on the heads, you do get some "brain juice." That's what I heard from a guy in New Orleans, anyway.
-andrew
p.s. If Julia liked the meat, you can get pre-peeled crawfish tails at the grocery store. They're way better than shrimp (I think; Susan disagrees).
Post a Comment