Friday, June 5, 2009

Human Hair

I was purchasing gas at a local Shell station on Wednesday. While waiting to pay for my gas I was checking out the stuff by the counter (I'm easily amused I find).
Next to the No-Doze and male enhancement pill packets I noticed something very unfamiliar at a gas station counter. Human hair for sale in nice cellophane packages-- long black hair!

To myself, I wondered who (& why) would buy Human Hair for sale at a gas station? What would they do with it?? These questions can't escape me, so for my amusement: entertain the thought. Why?? And how much would you pay?

7 comments:

Susan said...

My first thought was maybe people need to buy it for drug testing. So, I'm sure they would pay a lot for it - me, I would pay nothing, because I'm not in need of it for that reason (or any reason, really!)

Hughes Family said...

Good point.

MiMi said...

The hair is black and belongs to a Oriental or India person. It comes in a baggie and is used for hair extensions. The beauty supply stores will not buy the asian hair.

Hughes Family said...

So sell it in a gas station? Fascinating!

MiMi said...

My friend Geeta asked what they should bring back from India to sell. I promise I did not say hair,but clothing. If they are not to expensive.

Hughes Family said...

Ooh, I would say jewelry. They sell pretty charm bracelets and ankle bracelets. Also pretty gold earrings and such... Ask about nose jewelry! :)

Beth said...

Remind me to stay away from that shell station.