I cooked 2 chicken thighs in hot/sweet salsa glaze and boiled some brown rice on a pan. I microwaved frozen spinach with some sliced bits of turkey bacon and drained off the water.
I mixed the spinach and rice together in bowl, then chopped up the chicken and added it to the spincach/rice mixture. There was a little left over glaze and it was pretty sweet so I poured it over the plate. I sprinkled a little bit of shredded cheese and microwaved for 15 seconds to melt the cheese. In 15 minutes, we had dinner ready! I was still kind of sweating it out hoping it tasted okay for the kids (I know the kids like all of the ingredients so was hoping they were hungry enough to try it). Julia said it best "This is the best meal in the whole wide world!" JC asked for a bigger spoon he liked it so much! Jetta ate all of her helping and asked for more!
I just may have a new recipe for a family favorite (minus Jeff-- he's not "into" spinach).

(P.S. I don't normally take pictures of our food, but on this night, I was particularly proud of myself and wanted to take a picture!!) Jen
(P.P.S I almost always serve the meat, veg & grain/starch on this style of plate. It makes serving, seconds, storing & clean up super easy!)
2 comments:
What a great meal! You are so creative, I could never throw something like that together.
Thanks!
Post a Comment