Monday, December 22, 2008

Confidence**

UPDATE!!
Confidence pays off: See picture from Christmas morning.

(Previous blog below before picture was updated).
We asked Julia last night if she was going to be ready to try ice skating again this year when we go to Kansas City for Christmas. Last year, she chickened out and only went around 1x while I dragged her on the ice at Crown Center. Anyway, she responded with an assured "Yes!" and told us she would get to practice ice skating on her new Barbie roller skates. I asked her "Where do you have Barbie roller skates to practice with?"
Again, assuredly, she told me "Santa is bringing me Barbie roller skates, because I asked him!"

Julia has only asked for 3 things from Santa. She repeats them over every time we ask her. I am impressed by her persistance and her confidence in Santa to deliver.
Good thing Santa has some Barbie roller skates in his bag! He personally called me the other day to check on her size!

No comments: