Monday, December 22, 2008

Closed for Business

Waco's Linens N Things last day of business is today. I helped open the store brand new in August 2001, and still in her beauty and glory the doors will close for the last time as Linens N Things today. I still work there, in fact I'll go in for a little while to help out tonight as there is still a bit of a mess of fixtures and misc. items that need to be cleared from the building before tomorrow. So, I guess today is my last official day. I continued working part time once a week after I stepped down as Asst. Store Manager in February.
I've heard a mix of responses about the store closing, most are very sad to see the store leave Waco and more sad to hear all stores closed for good. Some have told me they've seen stores like this come and go in Waco (like Waco is the determining store for all businesses across the country??). Others have told me they thought the prices were too high and they didn't shop there anyway, but they might if the prices go cheap enough during store closing (??Prices lower than Kohl's, regular department stores and most times as low as Wal-mart is not "cheap" enough???).
I'll miss my LNT friends and I plan to continue to keep in touch. All the years at LNT have been good to me and I feel like I'm losing a good friend to see the doors closed forever. I feel like crying, but over what? I don't know.

No comments: