
On Saturday, my Mom was in town and Jillian also. We ventured off to the Mayborn Museum to get one last look at the Maps Expedition before it leaves next week. There was an Extravaganza that was pretty fun (not quite though as the Premiere). The kids got to make some crafts, so they were happy. Every 30 minutes they had a feature and we got to see the Critterman from Animal Planet and we heard drumming from African culture!! The beat and sound were fun in the Rotunda since it echoed and amplified through the entire museum.
At the Critterman, we saw a lemur, a legless lizard, a big snake, a skake (**skink, my Mom corrected me**) and an owl. Very informative. The pictures are mainly of craft time.
1 comment:
It was a skink...rather than a "skake." I had lots of fun spending the weekend with the Hughes family. Julia, JC and Jetta are growing up quickly. Makes me want to live closer so I can see them more often. I really loved the masks that everyone made, and the kids enjoyed the fans that they decorated. And I think we adults moved to the drummers as much as the kids did!
Post a Comment