**THE GOLDEN RULE: Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you.**
At church on Sunday, Julia learned about the Golden Rule in her sunday school class (JC would have learned too, however he got a little sick to his stomach on the way to church so we drove home to change clothes). While driving back home from church I asked Julia what she had learned. She explained to me the golden rule. I asked her some things about what it meant. She really understood the concept and was explaining different perspectives to me.
So this Monday morning I was helping Julia find a plain white t-shirt for school and she was going through her drawer. I started to pick up the shirts off the floor and fold them for her to put back in her drawer. She turned around on me quickly and was very irritated, she said "I was going to fold my own shirts to put them away... remember the Golden Thing?? Let me fold my own shirts!!" She was so sweet trying to be grown up. I tried reasoning with her how the golden rule doesn't apply to folding t-shirts or how I might like if she would help me sometimes to put away my clothes. Julia is very precise and came back with "Well, you fold your clothes and I'll fold mine!"
I think I'll save this story and tape it to the bottom of her clothes basket when she's a teenager. ~Jen
1 comment:
Funny!!
Post a Comment