Sunday, August 17, 2008

Date in Dallas

Jeff and I went to Dallas for Dave Matthews Band live in concert at the Smirnoff Center (Superpages I think is the new name) this Saturday. The concert was awesome by the way and the weather was perfect. This was our 4th year in a row to attend this concert so I guess you can call us freaks or geeks. Either way, we enjoy going. The concert was packed and the audience was having a great time enjoying the music. Some more than others.... Jeff mentioned to me he would like to sit closer next year and he would also like to meet Dave in person some day. 2 awesome goals!
We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Hotel near Reunion Arena. Our room overlooked the highway and the Dallas jail. Wow! We ate dinner at the Reunion Tower on our first anniversary so it was nice to visit again. Before the concert we had dinner with Jeff's best friend's family, John, Rashawnda and Dalton. Dalton was so sad to miss seeing Julia, he kept saying "No one's spending the night" over and over. So sweet! We'll have to make a special Saturday visit very soon to let the kids all play together.
On Sunday we slept in late, past 10:00 am!! Wow!! Also, we planned to eat breakfast at Waffle House but could never find one. We settled for Steak N Shake (which we don't have that either in Waco). After lunch, we went to 2 Linens N Things stores that are closing (Galleria & North Park). Today was their last day of business. There was hardly anything left and it was sad leaving the stores since they were dominating stores of the Dallas area. I talked to the GM of NorthPark and it was good to see he was holding strong. I can't imagine myself in that position. Best wishes to all those fine folks!
We started driving at stopped at the West End in downtown Dallas. A bummer, they have closed all the shops there. We had no idea. We were ready to buy some fudge! So,back on the road we went. We got gas at Fuel City for $3.39/gallon. I know this isn't real page worthy, but it will be someday when I read back. Most gas has been for sale at $3.59/gallon, so we felt this was a great deal and filled up the tank. I even took a picture of Jeff pumping gas. They had a sign out front reading "Voted best view of downtown" I agreed and took a few pictures. This time we couldn't see the jail because we were on the jail side of the road- ha!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I was at the GAlleria today moving things out. It was like going to a funeral. So sad.

Hughes Family said...

No kidding.