Saturday morning was a lazy morning. It was wonderful! We all stayed in our pajamas until lunch time and we played, danced and even cleaned. Everyone got along well and played nice.
For breakfast I made blueberry waffles. Originally, JC told me he wanted cereal instead of waffles. Once I put the waffles on the table, he changed his mind.
I set the table like usual: 2 knives, Crock light tub, Skippy jar and Mrs. Butterworth's syrup. I started buttering, cutting, syruping, (repeat 3x). I went around the table for everyone and got to JC's plate again. His waffle was plain, but I thought I already covered it with peanut butter. Guess what? He pulled a fast one and flipped his waffle and decided he wanted peanut butter on one side and regular butter on the other. I was going with the flow and started cutting until I realized what he'd done!
We laughed together and then when he was ready for his second waffle, he tried the same trick again. I played along but warned him against doing it again. He was just too cute to refuse.
This reminded me of a small coffee table book I browsed through "Butter My Butt and Call Me Biscuit!" It was southern phrases and their explanations. JC is a good butter-upper (literally and figuratively).
No comments:
Post a Comment