Sunday, July 5, 2009

VBS- Camp E.D.G.E

E.D.G.E. --Exploring & Discovering God Everywhere.



I got to help with Recreation this year and everyone kept telling me I wouldn't probably volunteer again for Recreation because you get hot, sweaty, etc. You know, I really enjoyed it and I will sign up for Recreation again. Yes, it was hot and we got sweaty, but my team of helpers made it fun!
Through the week, we listened to the songs on CD in the car and the kids loved the music. JC even sang! Jetta loved bobbing her head and following the motions. Their 2 favorite songs were: God is Good, All the Time! & Love the Lord (Heart, Soul, Mind, Strength song).


The last night of VBS, there were snow cones for the kids (& parents too) and the kids got to play on the newly installed & painted playground (OASIS). Susan & Andrew joined us for the closing service and snow cones. After all the snow cones were served, the teenagers played in the ice and had snowball fights. That was awesome. Julia & JC got a few chunks from the ground and had fun playing too like mini-teenagers.


I remember on the last night thinking if recreation made a difference in VBS and there were 2 groups I overheard talking that confirmed a "yes". One group of girls said "We do better when we work together!" and another girl in a different group told her friend "I'm so glad we came tonight (to recreation) this is awesome!"

No comments: