
Twin Rivers hosted an Adams Series Pro Golf Tournament last week. Jeff was invited to play and compete in the tournament. He was also invited to the VIP party last Monday night at Broken Spoke Ranch in Crawford, TX. He invited me to go along with him to the party. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was interested to go especially when Jeff mentioned this ranch neighbors George Bush's ranch. The weather was beautiful and the food was wonderful, best pork steak I've ever had. It was so thick & big, but it was so tasty! I didn't want to eat my sides because I was enjoying the steak! The Pro-Am event on Tuesday profitted an organization named Jamie's Place which is hospice care for children and parents & siblings of children who are terminally ill. The dad spoke of his son for whom he named the organization, and his speech was very touching. After the great food and moving presentation, the owners of t

he ranch invited everyone on a hayride. They had exotic animals on their property and when he came around the building with his John Deere tractor and
2 trailers, there was no way we could pass up the opportunity to ride. I took a few pictures, but was having some trouble with my flash, so I decided to quit and enjoy the ride. I couldn't tell you the names of the animals we saw, but they were beautiful to watch across the land and some we saw up close. There was a deer stand that seemed to stand 80 feet high and they were telling us since the ranch is directly next to George Bush's, the stand was there for

security measures (supposedly, it overlooked the entire Bush ranch). I wish I got a picture of the stand, it was SO tall and I'd be terrified to climb up on a windy day. On the last leg of the ride, we were crossing a creek and a tire on our trailer popped! Talk about a bumpy ride, we were just glad it happened near the end and not any earlier. I hope Jeff participates in this fundraising golf tournament next year, and it would be awesome to go to this VIP party again!
No comments:
Post a Comment