Wednesday, May 27, 2009

T&KW

Last weekend, on our trip to Kansas City, I took Julia with me to my friend Tracy's wedding. I worked with Tracy at the Pumpkin Seed Health Food Store back in the day. Her mom owned the store and they inspired me toward my career in nutrition. I was so excited to hear about Tracy's wedding that when I received the invite and realized it was on a 3-day weekend in Kansas City, I knew I didn't want to miss it.
I was showing pictures of Tracy to Julia and she was very interested in Tracy's pink hair and asked if she would have pink hair for her wedding. Well, she did and it looked fantastic. The wedding ceremony was great and I still had big tears while Tracy came down the aisle to a guitar blaring "Here Comes the Bride." I wish I knew more people at the wedding & reception, but it didn't matter since Tracy, Jenni & their Dad, Rick were so glad to see us there.
Julia asked me to take her picture beside the stage Tracy & Kriss were married on, so I did. When I reviewed pictures later, I noticed Julia stood right beside the decorated chair that was placed in honor of Tracy's mother, Christie. When I took the picture, I hadn't noticed her chair there. It was there on purpose and I know Christie would have loved to been a part Tracy's wild and awesome wedding.
Julia chased balloons and made friends with a girl named Candace. When we left, Julia asked me if the wedding "was supposed to be so funny." (I think she meant fun), because she told me she "doesn't want a very serious wedding" when she gets married. She really liked the part when Kriss laughed and told everyone the ring didn't fit. She kept telling that story over & over.
I showed my mother-in-law their first dance posted on youtube. Check it out, it's great!



(P.S. The bottom 2 pictures, were taken by Julia, so they are from a different perspective. I like that.)


3 comments:

Jen said...

Such sweet pictures! That is cute that Julia happened to stand next to the chair. Things happen for a reason! I know my mom would be very proud of you, the wonderful mother and nutritionist you've become!! :)

It was great to see you again, let us know when you are in town again! It would be good to get together and have time to catch up!

Hughes Family said...

That's so nice, Jenni! Thank you and good luck any day now!!!

Beth said...

Julia is growing up to be quite the beauty!