Along with my mother-in-law, we took the kids to see a Pow-wow at the Mayborn Museum on Saturday. A big bummer-- we forgot our cameras!The music was great and the costumes were beautiful. Julia really enjoyed watching and she bouncing along to the beat of the drum. She really liked watching a 6 year old girl that was dancing with the program. Jetta cried some as the drum was loud and the bright colors spooked her, but when they were done dancing, she would clap and cheer, "Yay"! JC covered his ears, but he said he liked the man in the costume with the brightest colors and most feathers. I guess he was dressed as the "chief" or the "leader."
Julia had me braid her hair like the 6 year old girl's hair on Sunday morning. I wish I got a picture of that. It was cute until the braids split and went crazy! Her part was done from one corner of her temple to the spot behind her opposite ear. One braid was up high in the middle and one was down low to the side.
JC liked demonstrating the sound of the drum by booming and pounding on the table.
Next time I'll pack my camera, but I want to remember the fun we had so I typed it up anyway. Sometimes, a picture isn't as good as the whole memory.
** Side note, the dance in the picture above is "Grass Dance."
No comments:
Post a Comment