Thursday, February 26, 2009

Fruit Salad- Fun in the Kitchen 6

Here is the newest episode of Fun in the Kitchen. We made Star Fruit Salad, then added a little extra of our own for a "Rainbow" effect. I was nervous cutting up all the fruit and should have been a little more prepared for cutting & slicing while taping. Actually, before taping started, I had just seen a client and sweeped into the kitchen to tape before class started. One of the video guys told me I was almost too tall and I should squat a little through taping. We laughed so hard til we were red in the face! I was kind of jittery and that's not good while using a sharp knife! I had some things in mind I wanted to talk about and by the end of the taping I had no idea what I was saying. I watched what I said and I can't believe it came out clearly (tell me if it didn't!) So, here's to "Take 2."
Oh, for the actual class with kids, there were 9 kids and 13 adults. WOW! I was shocked there were so many who came!


3 comments:

Jill said...

You're a star!!! I love it. Now Maddy is bugging me to make this fruit salad with her.

Hughes Family said...

Too funny! The star fruit are tasty and they are so pretty in the salad!

Hughes Family said...

By the way the recipe:
2 starfruit
2 kiwi
2 bananas
1 c. fruit nectar (I choose mango)

Rinse, cut, pour and mix.
Set for 3 hours before serving.

Serve with 1/4 c. vanilla yogurt on top! YUM!