Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pumpkins & Trunk or Treat

On Friday, we went to the Pumpkin Patch. Going to the Pumpkin Patch is fun yet makes me anxious because I'm afraid the kids will pick up a pumpkin and drop it meaning we have to pay for a broken pumpkin. Can you guess who I'm most cautious of doing this?? (It's not Jetta!!) (Not Julia... keep guessing.. you guessed it-- JC). He picks them up, runs with them and then drops or launches them to "set" them back down. One he "laid" down yesterday started rolling down the hill and towards the road. He stood there frozen and we went running for the pumpkin and it bounced and kept rolling when it touched the road. I stopped breathing for a few seconds. The pumpkin was unharmed and returned safely to his pumpkin friends.



We went home and carved pumpkins. Julia sorted through the mushy stuff for pumpkin seeds. She wanted to cook them this year and eat them. Then we put them on the porch and lit their little candles. The kids really had fun and were good sports about helping. JC kept trying to hold knives for us, which was again.. scary!

Trunk or Treat was this morning at church and the kids had a great time. I got their picture. Jetta was so cute playing Tic-Tac-Toss and she wanted to hold all the bean bags. Finally, we convinced her to give the bean bags back. She did some good tossing too. Julia ended up taking off her wig, she said the whole thing "itched" her. We have a bowl full of candy and we have Baylor Homecoming Parade and more trick-or-treating next week. I have to figure out what to do with all this candy... I have an idea. Birthday party goody bags in 2 weeks. Is there anything wrong with that???

1 comment:

Beth said...

Birthday party goody bags are the BEST idea yet.

As Ava would say--Good Thinkin!