Saturday, September 20, 2008

Sunday School

Tomorrow will be my (with my mother-in-law's help) third week of teaching 2-3rd grade Sunday School at church. The 2 weeks before that we taught K-2nd grades . The experience has been challenging, but I enjoy every bit of it. One thing I enjoy most is the lessons and weekly preparation because I am forced to simplify the teachings of the Bible for the age. Its not hard to simplify what God/Jesus tells us in the Bible, but somehow as adults we complicate The Message. Its easy to give up when we don't understand or get lost in trying to. In our leader's guide, we have arrows pointing to "The Point" and I always smile that "the point" is so easy to understand as children and as adults.

Thank you God for being you and for showing us how easy it is to trust you and believe in you with child like faith, even as adults.

No comments: