Saturday, September 20, 2008

Fire truck and birthday party

We went to a birthday party today for Olivia, she turned 3 (pictured below with JC). The party was at one of our favorite places to play & explore-- Mayborn Museum! I got a good picture of Jetta playing and showing some more teeth. JC played basketball for a while and was making awesome shots. (I don't want him to grow up playing football because I don't want him to injure his basketball body- Ha!)

We made an appearance at the Woodway Fire Dept BBQ and got to ride on a firetruck in the places where the firemen ride! The driver took us down and up Highway 84 and turned on his sirens 1x. JC was so excited he could barely move. We rode along with the kids because we weren't too sure how they would do on their own. There were 2 other boys and one of them hit a panic button on his seat and the alarms went off inside the cab. He cried and it was sad because he was so scared (his parents must of thought he cried the whole time, but actually he was the one asking the most questions). Julia kept telling JC, "Tell him how much you LOVE firetrucks!" JC couldn't talk, so Julia just kept saying it over and over to the 2 guys driving. There's a picture here from July 4 that looks exactly like the one we were in today.

3 comments:

Mrs. Starhead said...

That's so fun! I'm glad the kids enjoyed the party and truck. I love the shirt JC is wearing-I didn't see it when you bought it. Did you get it at the giftshop?

Brandy C said...

Imagine if JC had seen a motorcycle the same time he was in a fire truck. Oh the excitement. When Matt and I found that shirt Matt had wished they had it in his size. I guess this makes JC the man.

Hughes Family said...

That would be pretty funny if JC saw a motorcycle while inside the firetruck. He couldn't see much of the road though, the inside is so big!