Our pastor told us on Wednesday night at choir practice that a sister church in Corpus Christi (which originally was in the path of Hurricane Ike) was having to leave the building unsecured and they could not board up against the wind because the windows were to grand & big. The church is near the shoreline in Corpus and I was thinking how sad it was for that church to fear coming back after the hurricane comes through and them not have a church building.
Now the path of Ike is in a different direction, but the feeling I have remains. There are churches near the shores in Galveston and everywhere else the hurricane will hit.
I feel myself pleading with God to save the church buildings and spare the pain and suffering. May the hurricane be swift and bring minimal damage. May God provide a rainbow for those in harms way as a sign to remember He carries us through the storm.
No comments:
Post a Comment