Sunday, October 11, 2009

Jubilee/Birthday

Our church celebrated it's 50th Anniversary in September. We were fortunate to attend the morning celebration on Saturday for the childrens activities. The kids each made stepping stones with thier personal foot/hand print, initals, a "50" gem & mosaic tiles. There were bounce house & bounce slides. The kids had a blast.

For lunch we ate at Wendy's with Julia's best friend from ACL, Madison W, and her family. The kids had a great time playing together. Two high school tennis teams entered Wendy's when Madison's mom turned around to order Frosties for the kids. She was determined to order anyway and stood behind approx 40 sweaty tennis players to get the kids' Frosties. At least the machine was still working!
In the afternoon we headed to Olivia's 4th birthday party at her house where she also had a bounce house! Nancy & Wesley were so kind to BBQ & host while the kids played.

I slipped away for the Jubilee evening celebration at church where the dinner was hosted and I played "dinner" music on my violin. The fellowship hall was packed and I wasn't nervous about playing. I wish I had chosen different music, but I received several compliments (always a good feeling). After the dinner part of the celebration wrapped up I headed back to Nancy & Wesley's house for the most wonderful BBQ kabobs ever! Wesley mixed beergaritas (?) & we headed home around 8:30. The kids were relieved to shower and head to bed.

The next morning, Sunday, the church service was wonderful and after the service, our congregation took a picture together in the sanctuary. The last pic we were told to wave, me & the kids did a "Sic Em Bears" wave!

No comments: