This comes from a favorite musical in our household. The kids absolutely LOVE "Mamma Mia." I bought the Broadway Original Cast Album soundtrack at a garage sale this summer for 99 cents. (steal) In the musical, the mom, Donna, is singing this while spending time with her daughter, Sophie, before her wedding. Julia & I sometimes sing the line that's my favorite. I like the song for the reflective feeling, not as a sad song.
Slipping Through My Fingers
Schoolbag in hand, she leaves home in the early morning waving goodbye, with an absent-minded smile.
I watch her go with a surge of that well-known sadness and I have to sit down for a while. Schoolbag in hand, she leaves home in the early morning waving goodbye, with an absent-minded smile.
....
Do I really see what's in her mind? Each time I think I'm close to knowing, she keeps on growing.
Slipping through my fingers all the time.
....
I try to capture every minute, the feeling in it.
....
Sometimes I wish that I could freeze the picture and save it from the funny tricks of time. (my favorite line)
Slipping through my fingers--
I know it's a goofy picture, but that's us. Julia & Jennifer at the Mayborn Planetarium. 2 Cool chics!
No comments:
Post a Comment