I heard a recent analogy where the leader referred to emergencies on airplanes; we are instructed to place our air mask on first, then assist others. I was inspired by her point to take better care of myself in 2010. My resolutions are singular. I have other goals "per se" for family, career, parenting, etc. but I wanted to set apart personal goals for myself. Goals are important. Measuring success & shortfall is something I enjoy. Also, I read an editorial in a cooking magazine which included her resolutions. The editor chose to use "more & less" rather than "always & never" because she felt this didn't set limits on her success. I enjoyed her point & tend to agree. Below are my resolutions for 2010. Maybe they will inspire you to write (& fulfill) your own. Enjoy!
1. Write a bucket list. Cross off a few items.
2. Practice my violin more. Play more in public.
3. Sign up for aerobic exercise & attend without making excuses in 2011.
4. Keep a perfect driving record.
5. Facebook less, blog more. (& go to bed on time more often)
6. Become more involved with PTA & school activities.
7. Pray more.
8. Eat like I'm keeping a food diary.
9. Love more.
10. Complain less. (to/with others & to myself)
* Buy a new Christmas tree! The artificial one this year celebrated it's last!
No comments:
Post a Comment