Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Bunk Beds

We have a new addition in our house. Bunk beds! The furniture is a belated gift for Jetta's birthday. We needed to get JC & Julia out of the same room because they were distracting each other at bedtime. Also, we needed to get Jetta out of her crib! I feel like getting bunk beds:bedroom is like mini-van:garage, kind of groaning "I'm too young to buy this stuff!"

On Saturday, we found the bunk bed at Ashley Warehouse at a great bargain (thanks Pam) and it ALL fit in the back of my Mountaineer (minus the ladder). I got it home and unloaded, then arranged all the other stuff to get ready for the beds to go in. On Sunday when Jeff got home from work, we built it together. There were no instructions and we are proud to say, there was no leftover hardware! The new beds were up & ready for Sunday night (back to school eve). JC was quite disappointed the bunk beds were not for him, and I promised we would get his room arranged in a new great style.

Jetta did great with her new mattress and is sleeping well. Julia is doing fine on the top bunk and likes to show off how she can climb up without the ladder. Jetta can climb the ladder and I was shocked she did so well going up & down.

It took one week for me to finish putting everything back in its place or helping it find a new place, but the kids seem really pleased with the new living arrangements. This weekend my parents were in town and we picked out a rug & comforters for the girls room (thanks Mom).

(Now if I could design a contraption for tucking in sheets on the top bunk I'd be super happy!)
PS. Check back for more pictures. I'll post more tomorrow...

No comments: